Public Relations Intern
Who We Are:
Interdependence Public Relations is a full-service digital PR and integrated marketing firm supercharged by the most advanced technology ever in public relations to maximize consistent media placements in prestigious media and industry outlets. It's an experience that stands apart. We are a passionate group of professionals partnering with people and brands to look at the big picture and drive impactful results. Our performance-driven team consists of former journalists, communicators, marketers, creative experts and more. We embrace an entrepreneurial mindset, thinking outside of the box, expert storytelling, fierce collaboration and learning new things every day.
Interdependence Public Relations is seeking part-time interns who are outgoing, hard-working, personable, motivated and goal-oriented. You will have the opportunity to work closely with team members and key media. In this role, the intern will be responsible for research projects related to both new business and current clients, media relations and monitoring, drafting client-ready content and providing support to the team on various client programs. The agency provides a creative, fun and fast-paced work environment full of endless learning opportunities. Interns will be supervised by mentors. Our goal is to prepare you for your career in public relations!
We are looking for PR interns to come into our Chicago office in both Q1 and Q2 2020. Needed 2 to 3 days per week. Hours are flexible; however, interns must be available a minimum of 20 hours per week. Internship is paid. Please include your resume, a couple of writing samples and a description of your favorite news source and why for consideration of the role.
- Conduct research for clients, such as competitor audits, award opportunities, new media contacts, etc.
- Drafts a range of written materials (e.g. pitches, briefing sheets, reports, etc.)
- Establishes relationships with media contacts and drafts pitches for targeted media
- Serves as a reliable team member and provides support to team
- Completes timesheet reports accurately and on time
- Participates in available company training programs
- Leverages problem solving skills and exemplifies the company’s values in daily work
- Proactively seeks and shares relevant information with colleagues
- Actively participates in team meetings and occasionally client calls
- Proactively works with assigned manager to establish and track goals in addition to training opportunities, etc.
- Assists team members as needed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others and independently as needed
- Positive attitude with a proactive approach
- Required proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with media monitoring tools or Cision (a plus)
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related (preferred)
- Previous PR internship or relevant leadership role at college/university (preferred)
*The intern may be expected to perform other related duties as required.