Public Relations Account Executive
Who We Are:
Interdependence Public Relations is a full-service digital PR and integrated marketing firm supercharged by the most advanced technology ever in public relations to maximize consistent media placements in prestigious media and industry outlets. It's an experience that stands apart. We are a passionate group of professionals partnering with people and brands to look at the big picture and drive impactful results. Our performance-driven team consists of former journalists, communicators, marketers, creative experts and more. We embrace an entrepreneurial mindset, thinking outside of the box, expert storytelling, fierce collaboration and learning new things every day.
An Account Executive at Interdependence Public Relations will be a go getter, wearer of many hats, and someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work. As an integral player at the agency, Account Executives collaborate closely with team members to help meet client goals by building impactful media relationships, crafting strong pitches and consistently offering creative and on-point deliverables. The ideal Account Executive is proactive and eager, meets or beats deadlines, stays ahead of trends and always looks for new ways to solve problems. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of two to three years of PR agency experience and must demonstrate thoughtfulness and creativity, a positive attitude, excellent communication plus writing skills, an obsessive attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Establishes effective relationships with key media contacts across national, regional, local and industry-specific outlets
- Interfaces and develops a rapport with clients, internal team members and vendors
- Drafts a range of written materials – such as media pitches, award submissions, briefing sheets, client-ready content, etc.
- Helps coordinate special events (e.g. briefings at large trade shows, desk sides in key media markets, product launches, etc.)
- Actively participates in team and client meetings in addition to available training programs
- Proactively finds ways to advance both teams and clients
- Assists the team on executing campaigns and with various projects such as plans, research, media relations activities and more
- Works with director supervisor to set goals and build skills
- Serves as a mentor to AAE’s and interns
- Completes work product, timesheets and reports accurately
- Contributes and support to 8-10 accounts (on average)
- 2-3 years of full-time experience in PR (agency experience preferred) with growing expertise in related practice area
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, advertising or related field
- Ability to develop story angles, place stories and coordinate interviews with media
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment
- A team player who works well with others and independently as needed
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn new skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PR software (e.g. Cision, etc.)
Competitive benefits package—including medical/dental/vision support, vacation/sick time/paid time off for important holidays, 401(k), Work Out Wednesdays, flexible working arrangements (i.e. working from home), Summer Fridays